Northeastern’s network extends to more than 3,300 partners worldwide. Our partners work with us in a variety of ways and, through collaboration, offer students, adult, and professional learners the opportunity to gain hands-on, real-world experience, broaden their skill set, and increase their opportunities for advancement. Learn more about our partners and how you can build your connections.
Northeastern’s distinctive approach to integrating rigorous classroom study with practical experience presents a far more powerful way to learn. Our students enter the workforce with professional, career-related experience. Working professionals utilize a variety of experiential learning modalities to enhance their development.
The university’s cooperative (co-op) education program lets students alternate semesters of academic study with semesters of full-time employment in positions related to their major or career interests.
Our students have taken advantage of co-op opportunities with a range of employers, including:
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Charlotte Airport Solar Lighting Project
- Clean Air Carolina
- Liberty Mutual
- Peak 10
- Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories
- Wells Fargo
Experiential Learning at Work
Through this program, working graduate students develop a customized project plan with their employer that addresses a key business need in a department they want to gain more experience in. Participants have the opportunity to position themselves as a leader within their current organization, demonstrate value, and apply knowledge gained from their master’s degree program to their workplace.
To become a co-op employer, visit Northeastern’s Cooperative Education and Career Development site.
The Experiential Network
The Experiential Network (XN) connects students to employers through project-based work. Projects are conducted virtually over a six-week period between students and the sponsoring business or organization, providing students the opportunity to experiment in their respective field in an authentic professional environment.
XN projects allow students to solve a critical business need for their sponsor by applying what they have learned in class to a real-world situation. They also gain valuable experience they can use to enhance their resumé, while building their professional network.
For Employees of Partner Organizations
The university offers unique benefits to corporate partners, including customized curriculum or tuition discounts on hundreds of degree programs for employees of partner organizations. Some of our current employer partners include:
- Duke Energy — Duke Energy employees are eligible for tuition discounts and exclusive $3,000 scholarships. For more information on our partnership, click here.
- Fort Bragg — Northeastern has partnered with Fort Bragg to help soldiers transition from military to civilian careers. We offer featured programs, and courses are taught online and in-person at Northeastern’s Charlotte campus or at Fort Bragg. To learn more about the partnership, click here.
- Mathnasium – Northeastern offers a customized curriculum program for Mathnasium instructors.
- EnergySolutions – Northeastern offers a customized curriculum program in project management for EnergySolutions.
- IBM – Northeastern is the first university to recognize IBM digital badge credentials toward graduate degree programs and certificates.
- GE – Northeastern partners with GE to offer bachelor’s degree completion in Advanced Manufacturing through shared facilities and equipment.
Northeastern is also part of the EdAssist Education Network, which offers its clients tuition reductions, waived fees, and other incentives.
Northeastern boasts more than 40 cutting-edge research laboratories and is granted approximately $100 million in research awards annually. Students collaborate alongside our expert faculty in a variety of areas, including sustainability, health informatics, cybersecurity, energy storage and conversion, global health, and urban public policy. For a full list of Northeastern’s research centers and institutes, click here.
To learn more about how you can become a partner, contact [email protected].