Supporting students on the Charlotte campus
We provide a broad range of resources and personalized support services to help our students thrive.
Find online books, journals, and research databases, as well as librarians who assist with specific topic areas—through Northeastern’s extensive library system, which includes resources curated for the Charlotte campus.
Study and Meeting Spaces
Reserve space to study or meet. Classrooms and conference rooms can be booked via tablets outside of each room during the campus’ business hours.
Use the campus’ free Wi-Fi, as well as computers and printers available in our common area. Get IT support by emailing [email protected] or calling Northeastern’s Information Technology Services at 617.373.4357. And access the Student Hub, an internal portal, for resources, news, and tools available to all Northeastern students.
Get help with academic and professional writing via Northeastern’s Writing Center, which is staffed by writing instructors and undergraduate and graduate students. The center offers online assistance to students of any academic discipline.
Develop and meet your educational, professional, and personal goals with the help of our academic advisor, Tia Keck. Contact her at [email protected].
Plan a career path and carry out a successful job search with help from Northeastern’s Employer Engagement and Career Design office. The Boston-based office offers online resources, programs, and events. The office also gives you opportunities to meet employers.
Navigate the process of applying for scholarships and loans with the help of Northeastern’s Student Financial Services.
Access Northeastern’s Disability Resource Center to receive resources and accommodations related to living with a disability.
Transportation and CATS Discounts
Get a 10 percent student discount on tickets for all transit options available through the Charlotte Area Transit System.
We have reached an agreement with CATS to provide discounted tickets to Northeastern in Charlotte. We have five different types of tickets available.
- Local Monthly: Allows unlimited rides on the LYNX Blue Line and CATS Local bus lines
- Express Monthly: Allows unlimited rides on the LYNX Blue Line and CATS Express bus lines
- Local Ten Rides: Allows 10 one-way rides on any CATS local bus
- Express Ten Rides: Allows 10 one-way rides on any CATS local bus or express bus
- Express Plus Ten Rides: Allows 10 one-way rides on any CATS local, express, or express-plus bus service
Tickets are discounted 10% from the available price.
- Local Monthly: $79.20 ($88.00 – 10%)
- Express Monthly: $108.90 ($121.00 – 10%)
- Local Ten Rides: $19.80 ($22.00 – 10%)
- Express Ten Rides: $27.00 ($30.00 – 10%)
- Express Plus Ten Rides: $39.60 ($44.00 – 10%)
We only accept credit/debit card payments.
- Go to CashNet.
- Find “Charlotte Campus” and click on “CATS University Pass Ticket.”
- Enter the amount of the ticket(s) you would like to purchase and payment information.
- Pick up your ticket(s) from Chris Smith in office 1106.
View Northeastern’s Annual Security Report for the Charlotte campus for a complete list of policies and resources related to personal safety, the securing of property, crime on and around campus, fire safety in residence halls, and campus emergency procedures.
The Charlotte campus is generally open Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., but we often have extended hours for in-person classes.
To ensure campus safety, elevators to the 11th floor of our building, 101 N. Tryon, are locked 24/7. Students, faculty, and staff must swipe their ID badges in the elevator to access the 11th floor. The badges are available from the operations manager, Chris Smith, at [email protected]. Badges remain active until students graduate.