College of Professional Studies
Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN)
Launch your nursing career in just 16 months through our bachelor’s degree completion program—the only one of its kind in Charlotte. You’ll build top-caliber nursing skills through online coursework and real-world practice in labs and at Charlotte-area healthcare providers.
If you start the program in 2022-2023, you’ll receive a $20,000 scholarship.
If you have an associate degree, 62 non-nursing college credits, or a non-nursing bachelor’s degree, you can fast-track into the nursing profession through our 16-month Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing program.
This program offers several advantages:
- Learn the fundamentals and theories of nursing—from health assessment to drug therapy to ethical practice—through online coursework.
- Practice the safe, effective application of core skills—such as wound care and intravenous therapy—in the state-of-the-art nursing simulation lab.
- Gain real-world nursing experience in diverse areas of practice, including adult care and community health, in clinical rotations at top healthcare providers.
- Complete your bachelor’s degree at Northeastern if you have some college credits or a non-nursing bachelor’s degree. We’re the only university in Charlotte to offer this accelerated bachelor’s option.
- Receive a $20,000 scholarship if you’re admitted.
- Learn from nursing faculty who continue to work as nurses themselves and have extensive connections in the healthcare sector. They can help you get excellent clinical placement opportunities and full-time jobs when you graduate.
- Enjoy flexibility: applications are accepted three times a year; the non-clinical coursework can be completed online; and clinical training can be done on days that fit your schedule, Monday to Saturday, instead of the few set clinical days that most universities offer.
- Set yourself up for success—nurses are in high demand in the Charlotte region and throughout the country and our students often receive multiple employment offers.
Tuition and Aid
Finance Your Education
We offer a variety of resources, including a $20,000 scholarship for anyone admitted to this program.
Explore this program’s requirements and courses, all designed to meet today’s industry needs and must-have skills.
Northeastern’s signature experience-powered learning model has been at the heart of the university for more than a century. It combines world-class academics with professional practice, so you can gain relevant, real-world skills to put into action. Your Northeastern education is a dynamic, transformative experience, giving you countless opportunities to grow.
You’ll apply and practice skills you learn online in our campus’ state-of-the-art nursing simulation lab. You’ll also gain real-world experience through clinical placements at healthcare providers in the Charlotte region, such as teaching and community hospitals or outpatient and community healthcare providers. During these rotations, you’ll assist instructors and practitioners in patient care and learn more about specialties that include adult health, pediatrics, and public health.
Summer 2021 Domestic Deadlines
|Start Date: May 10, 2021||Deadline: April 12, 2021|
|Start Date: June 30, 2021||Deadline: June 2, 2021|
Fall 2021 Domestic Deadlines
|Start Date: September 9, 2021||Deadline: August 12, 2021|
|Start Date: October 27, 2021||Deadline: September 29, 2021|
Spring 2022 Domestic Deadlines
|Start Date: January 10, 2022||Deadline: December 13, 2021|
|Start Date: March 7, 2022||Deadline: February 7, 2022|
Summer 2022 Domestic Deadlines
|Start Date: May 9, 2022||Deadline: April 11, 2022|
|Start Date: June 29, 2022||Deadline: June 1, 2022|